Florida Blue Medicare released details of its 2024 Medicare offerings. The plans aim to provide Florida residents with high-quality, affordable plans that meet their evolving health needs. New benefits and perks from Florida Blue Medicare will ensure members can access personalized, wrap-around, and support services, whether at the doctor’s office, while traveling, or at home.
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period opens Oct. 15 and runs through Dec. 7 for coverage effective Jan. 1, 2024. This year, Florida Blue Medicare is offering Orange County Medicare beneficiaries the choice of 7 Medicare Advantage plans, including 5 HMO and PPO options for a $0 monthly plan premium.
Once again, Florida Blue Medicare is offering a dual-eligible special needs plan for individuals who qualify. BlueMedicare Complete provides benefits, including comprehensive dental, an allowance for hearing aids, eyewear, over-the-counter supplies, and food, meals post-discharge from the hospital, and an at-home helping hand for services like meal prep, light cleaning, or laundry.
Florida Blue Medicare will also offer a Medicare Advantage plan designed for veterans. Approximately 753,000 veterans over age 65 live in the state of Florida, according to the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs. Our BlueMedicare Patriot PPO plan provides members with $75 toward their monthly Medicare Part B premium and helps veterans save money by not including Part D prescription drug coverage, which many veterans receive through Veterans Affairs.
“For nearly 80 years, Florida Blue has been dedicated to improving the health of people across our state,” said Camille Harrison, Florida Blue’s executive vice president of Medicare and chief innovation and customer experience officer. “With a growing number of seniors living in and moving to Florida, we are focused on providing health solutions that make it easier for them to get the care they need. We know the true benefit of a Florida Blue Medicare plan isn’t just the coverage we offer, it’s the extra value and personalized care that our members can expect and deserve.”
In 2024, Florida Blue Medicare members will be able to earn up to $200 in rewards for completing certain preventive health care services. Florida Blue Medicare is also rolling out a new Blue Dollars Benefits Mastercard® Prepaid Card which can be used to help cover out of pocket expenses for certain supplemental benefits such as healthy foods, dental, vision, hearing, over-the-counter items and will also be used to access HealthyBlue reward dollars.
More than one in five Floridians are enrolled in Medicare, and more than half of those beneficiaries enroll in Medicare Advantage plans. Florida Blue Medicare offers a range of plans with comprehensive benefits, including:
* Exceptional supplemental benefits and value-added perks on most BlueMedicare Medicare Advantage plans: Members can access dental care, vision allowance and hearing aid coverage, the Silver Sneakers® fitness program, and telehealth services.
*Extra benefits for members with chronic health conditions: Individuals with certain ongoing health conditions including heart disease, diabetes, COPD, and chronic and disabling behavioral health conditions, dementia, or neurologic disorders can qualify for additional benefits through our BlueMedicare Premier HMO plan. For most members, benefits include extra money each quarter for over-the-counter meds and supplies, dietician consultations, free meals delivered to their home, and additional transportation services.
* Support for Caregivers: Florida Blue offers digital tools, resources, and personalized expert advice to help caregivers care for themselves and their loved ones. Support includes financial advice, assistance in finding local resources for help at home or at senior living facilities and tips to manage decision-making as a family. * Access to Blue365: A free health and wellness discount program with year-round exclusive discounts of up to 50% on gym memberships, fitness gear, healthy eating options and more.
* Transportation: To help make sure transportation isn’t a barrier to care, many Florida Blue Medicare plans provide rides to doctor appointments at $0 extra cost.
* Personalized Condition Management and Guidance: A team of nurses is dedicated to members with complex injuries or who are chronically ill, very sick, or near the end of life, providing coaching and help to deal with their illness, follow their treatment plans and get the care and support they need.
* Neighborhood Florida Blue Centers: Those looking for personalized support, help finding caregiving resources in their community, or assistance finding a doctor can reach out to one of the five local Florida Blue Centers in Orange County and talk with a nurse on the phone or in person. It’s easy to find a local center at FloridaBlue.com/Center or by calling 1-877-352-5830.
“In Central Florida, we have a growing population of Medicare-eligible people moving to Florida, as well as many other residents who are now aging into Medicare,” said Tony Jenkins, Florida Blue market president for Central Florida. “Florida Blue Medicare provides a range of comprehensive Medicare health plans and prescription drug plans to support our members no matter where they are in their health care journey, whether they are new to Medicare or not.”
In addition to Medicare Advantage plans, Florida Blue Medicare also offers stand-alone Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) and Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans.
About Florida Blue Medicare
Florida Blue Medicare is committed to helping our Florida neighbors live healthier. We offer a wide range of plan options, including Medicare Advantage plans, to give our members what they need to live their best lives and improve their overall health and well-being. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Florida Blue Medicare is built for Florida’s seniors, and we are proud to be affiliated with Florida Blue, a health insurer that has served Floridians for almost 80 years. Florida Blue and Florida Blue Medicare are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Learn more at FloridaBlue.com/Medicare.