The 2016 Summer Olympic Medal Count – Day 11
Team USA extended its lead over China on Day 11 by winning nine medals. The U.S. now has 84 medals to China’s 51. Great Britian is now only one medal behind China.
Simone Biles ended her Olympics on a high note by taking home her 4th Gold medal, this time in the floor exercise. Teammate Aly Raisman won silver. Biles now has five medals. Raisman has three from Rio to add to the three she won in London in 2012.
The U.S. also had major success on the track, taking home both gold and silver in the men’s triple jump.
Here is a a list of all Day 11 U.S. medal winners:
- Simone Biles, Women’s floor exercise (gymnastics)
- Christian Taylor, Men’s triple jump (track and field)
- Aly Raisman, Women’s floor exercise (gymnastics)
- Will Claye, Men’s triple jump (track and field)
- Danell Leyva (2), Men’s horizontal bar and men’s parallel bars (gymnastics)
- Sarah Hammer, Women’s omnium (cycling)
- Caleb Paine, Men’s finn (sailing)
- Jennifer Simpson, Women’s 1500-meter (track and field)
The Top Ten countries at the end of Day 11 are: