Due to increased sales, the jackpot for Friday’s Mega Millions drawing has been raised from $508 million to $540 million. The next drawing is tonight, Friday, July 8th at 11:00 PM.
Mega Millions Quick Facts:
- Odds to win the jackpot are 1 :259 million (259,000,000)
- Overall odds of winning are 1:14
- The jackpot has been growing since it was last won on March 8 by a ticket purchased in Washington. The jackpot has rolled 34 times (as of Tuesday, July 5).
- This is the 3rd largest jackpot in MM history; 7th largest in North American history
- The largest U.S. lottery payout was a $1.58 Billion PowerBall jackpot won in January 2016 and shared by three winning tickets in Tennessee, California and Florida.
- The largest MM payout was a $656 million jackpot won in March 2012 and shared by three winning tickets in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland.
Before you stand in line to buy your ticket(s) you might want to read this: Seven Reasons Not to Play Any Lottery
Already in line? Read this: Why now could be the best time to play Mega Millions and this: Tallying the tax bill on a $540 million Mega Millions win.