The City of Apopka will host its annual Fourth of July celebration next week at the Apopka Amphitheater. The event will include fireworks, food, and a concert performance for a night of family-friendly fun.
The musical guest this year will be C’Nergy Music, an Orlando-based band known for their variety shows of decade hits, jazz melodies, and Latin Top 40 songs. The award-winning band members are hoping to give Apopka residents a taste of Orlando culture and a chance to unwind for the summer fun.
“It means everything to us to be able to say we’ve played at the Apopka Amphitheater where so many cool jazz musicians have performed,” said Frankie Donnovan, one of the C’Nergy’s members. “We love all kinds of music, and as a top 40 party band, you can believe that the attendees can look forward to disconnecting from regular life and enjoying the Cnergy experience.”
Independence Day in Apopka
Free Family-Friendly Event at the Apopka Amphitheater
- Date: Monday, July 4, 2022
- Time: 6 PM to 9 PM (Fireworks beginning after concert)
- (Activities at 6 PM, Music at 7 PM, and Fireworks at 9 PM)
- Location: Apopka Amphitheater (3710 Jason Dwelley Parkway)
- Including: Food, Face Painting, Balloon Artistry, Climbing Tower, Bounce Houses, Bungee Trampoline, Fireworks, and more!
- Cost: Concert and parking are free. No ticket is required.
- Additional Information: Seating is available in the Amphitheater. Bring blankets and chairs for the lawn area.
Besides music and fireworks, the Independence Day celebration will also include opportunities for kids to be entertained. According to the Apopka government website, activities such as bounce houses, face painting, balloon artistry, and bungee trampolining will kick off the night.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets, as the Apopka Amphitheater can accommodate seating for 5,000 people on the lawn alone. The large venue also maximizes views of the firework display, which is observed by thousands of attendees each year.
Entry and parking for this event are free. Activities begin at 6 p.m., the concert will start at 7 p.m., and the night will finish with fireworks at 9 p.m.
Directions for parking and exiting the 4th of July celebration at the Apopka Amphitheater
From the Apopka Police Department
The Apopka Police Department would like to inform those attending our free family-friendly July 4th Celebration on Monday, July 4, 2022, of an upcoming traffic alert.
Each gate at the Northwest Recreation Complex/Apopka Amphitheater will have certain directions allowed for exit (as noted with yellow arrows on the Parking Outflow Map). Gate 4 is the only gate open after the fireworks show to pick up anyone. The only entrance for Gate 4 is on Appy Lane.
Please Note: Parking is available throughout the Northwest Recreation Complex. On the Parking Map Gate 2 is for Handicap parking and Gate 5 is for overflow parking only.
Handle fireworks with care
From the Apopka Fire Department
We'd like to wish everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July! The Apopka Fire Department wants to help keep your family safe this year from injury.
While we do encourage you to attend public firework displays like the one at the Apopka Amphitheater on Monday, July 4, 2022 from 6 PM to 9 PM, we also want to provide some firework safety tips to keep you safe:
1) Only use fireworks outdoors, away from dry grass, homes, and trees.
2) Light one firework at a time and keep a safe distance.
3) Keep a bucket of water and hose nearby in case you need to extinguish a fire or a firework.
4) Soak spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding.
5) Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
6) Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear and ear plugs.
7) Keep hand sanitizer or anything flammable away from the fireworks area.