Happy Independence Day, Apopka!
The City of Apopka will host its annual Independence Day celebration tonight at the Apopka Amphitheater. The event will include fireworks, food, and a concert performance for a night of family-friendly fun.
Independence Day in Apopka:
- Date: Tuesday, July 4th
- Time: 6 PM to 9 PM (Fireworks beginning after the concert)
- (Activities at 6 PM, Music at 7 PM, and Fireworks at 9 PM)
- Location: Apopka Amphitheater (3710 Jason Dwelley Parkway)
- Including Food, Face Painting, Balloon Artistry, Climbing Tower, Bounce Houses, Bungee Trampoline, Fireworks, Music, and more!
- Cost: Concert and parking are free. No ticket is required.
- Additional Information: Seating is available in the Amphitheater. Bring blankets and chairs for the lawn area.
About the Musical Guest:
My Generation is comprised of five friends who share a deep passion for music, particularly classic rock and roll. For over 15 years, the group has put together a tribute band that would travel off the beaten path and perform some of the best classic rock ever written with the passion and energy it demands. From opening for national acts to performing at venues throughout Florida, My Generation adds a breath of fresh air to the venues frequented by people who love to hear live music.
Besides music and fireworks, the Independence Day celebration will also include opportunities for kids to be entertained. Activities such as bounce houses, face painting, balloon artistry, and bungee trampolining will kick off the night.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets, as the Apopka Amphitheater can accommodate seating for 5,000 people on the lawn alone. The large venue also maximizes views of the firework display, which is observed by thousands of attendees each year.
Entry and parking for this event are free. Activities begin at 6 p.m., the concert will start at 7 p.m., and the night will finish with fireworks at 9 p.m.
Directions for parking and exiting the 4th of July celebration at the Apopka Amphitheater
From the Apopka Police Department
The Apopka Police Department would like to inform those attending our free, family-friendly July 4th Celebration of an upcoming traffic alert.
Each gate at the Northwest Recreation Complex/Apopka Amphitheater will have certain directions allowed for exit (as noted with yellow arrows on the Parking Outflow Map). Gate 4 is the only gate open after the fireworks show to pick up anyone. The only entrance for Gate 4 is on Appy Lane.
Please Note: Parking is available throughout the Northwest Recreation Complex. On the Parking Map, Gate 2 is for Handicap parking, and Gate 5 is for overflow parking only.
Handle fireworks with care
From the Apopka Fire Department
We'd like to wish everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July! The Apopka Fire Department wants to help keep your family safe this year from injury.
While we do encourage you to attend public firework displays like the one at the Apopka Amphitheater from 6 PM to 9 PM, we also want to provide some firework safety tips to keep you safe:
1) Only use fireworks outdoors, away from dry grass, homes, and trees.
2) Light one firework at a time and keep a safe distance.
3) Keep a bucket of water and hose nearby in case you need to extinguish a fire or a firework.
4) Soak spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding them.
5) Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
6) Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear and earplugs.
7) Keep hand sanitizer or anything flammable away from the fireworks area.
Please have fun, but stay safe this year.