From the Orange County Public Information Office
Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs will host the 2018 Orange County Economic Summit on January 19th. The Summit will provide an overview of local job growth, economic success and workforce development.
Mayor Jacobs will be joined by local experts and distinguished panelists including:
- Sean Snaith, Ph.D., Director of the University of Central Florida Institute for Economic Competitiveness will present his highly anticipated annual economic update.
- The Funding & Growing Your Tech Enterprise in Central Florida Panel
- Tim Giuliani, President, and CEO of the Orlando Economic Partnership
- Suneera Madhani, co-founder, and CEO of Fattmerchant
- Shawn Seipler, Chief Executive Officer of Clean the World
- Chris Whitlow, founder, and CEO of Edukate
Once again, the Orange County Convention Center will host the event, located at the North Concourse – Room N320 9400 Universal Blvd.Orlando, Fla. 32819
Registration begins at 8 a.m. The Summit begins at 9 a.m.
Following the Summit, Orange County will also host the third annual Florida TechMatch, an invitation-only event that paves the way for local technology companies and national industry leaders to build relationships, discuss contracts and explore possible mentoring opportunities.
The Mayor’s annual Economic Summit was launched in 2013 following a series of nine economic and job summits designed to examine the area’s varied needs.
About Orange County Government: Orange County Government strives to serve its citizens and guests with integrity, honesty, fairness, and professionalism. Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes 13 municipalities and is home to world famous theme parks, the nation’s second largest convention center, and a thriving life science research park. Seven elected members make up the Board of County Commissioners including the Mayor who is elected countywide. For more information, visit www.OCFL.net and Orange County’s social media pages.