Once upon a time everyone voted on the same day. And there were VCRs with clocks that no one could set. Will voting booths go the way of the VCR?
Today voting is a month-long process. Actually more than a month this time. Voters who requested vote-by-mail ballots began receiving them last week.
August 30th is the “official” election day. But more than half the votes are expected to be cast before August 30. Fewer and fewer people are waiting until the last minute to vote.
“Election day” is no longer the day to vote. It has become the last chance to vote.
Here are the Key Dates for the this month’s Primary Election
- July 26, 2016 – The Orange County Supervisor of Elections begins mailing vote-by-mail ballots.
- August 1, 2016 – Was the last day to register to vote and/or update your party affiliation
- August 15, 2016 – Early Voting begins
- August 24, 2016 – The last day to request a vote-by-mail ballot.
- August 28, 2016 – Early Voting ends
Early Voting runs from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Click here for early voting locations.