By Laura Díaz
Rice is a grain present in every house in the world; people normally have at least one pack of rice in their pantry. It is the most consumed grain, and it is the staple food for excellence. Its versatility and all-year round availability make it perfect for a huge variety of food preparations.
This cereal grain comes in several shapes, types, and textures; and each one has a unique flavor. This variety makes it possible to include rice in the everyday diet of any house.
You can buy almost all types of rice in the market. To name a few, Arborio rice, Basmati rice, Jasmine rice, Brown rice, Parboiled rice, long-grain white rice, and so on. Trying to tell which one is the best can be very difficult. No matter which type you choose, with rice you can create countless and delicious meals.
However, if you are one of the few people who do not have rice on your regular shopping list, not even the white one, read the following list of benefits that this seed can bring to your life:
- It is gluten-free. If you have celiac disease, a wheat allergy, or decide to have a gluten-free lifestyle, rice is the right option for you. A perfect choice to be well-nourished with a low-cost, high-availability product.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. Rice is a high fiber grain that helps to prevent digestive and systemic inflammation in many people.
- It improves the nervous system. Rice is a source of a great mixture of vitamin B. It regulates the proper function of the biological processes of our nervous system.
- It is low in fat and prevents obesity. Rice contains low quantities of fat and cholesterol. This makes it perfect for being included in your regular diet.
- It is a great source of energy. The fuel your body needs to function can be obtained from regular carbohydrates consumption. This grain is rich in carbohydrates that can provide your body with the daily energy it needs.
- It has digestive qualities. The amount of fiber contained in rice helps regulate your digestive system, even preventing constipation.
- It is a natural diuretic. Rice helps the elimination of toxics from the body, making its consumption a potent diuretic. This quality makes your body urinate more and get rid of the uric acid that is created within your kidneys.
- It has a low content of sodium. Rice helps to reduce the risk of suffering hypertension. High blood pressure is caused by the elevated amount of sodium contained in some foods and drinks which leads to constrict arteries and veins.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease. Rice contains fiber and other nutrients that aids to reduce cholesterol, blood sugar, and insulin levels. All these effects lowers the risk of having heart attacks and strokes.
- Besides, rice is a source of manganese, magnesium, and other minerals and vitamins that are essential for a healthy lifestyle.
If you are not convinced yet of including white rice in your grocery list, think about the versatility of this excellent product. You can partner rice with almost all foods you can imagine. Rice is not just for cooking salted meals, but it is ideal for making beverages and delicious desserts.
The desserts made with rice are unique because they are more creamy and have a sticky texture. Besides, rice can absorb all types of flavors and spices very well. The most popular sweet desserts you can try with rice are rice cakes, puddings, including the famous arroz con leche mahatmarice.com/recipes/arroz-con-leche/ , fruits sticky rice, rice tart, cream pie, and many others.