The Orange County Property Appraiser’s office will be mailing Truth-In-Millage (TRIM) notices to every property owner in Orange County beginning today.
These letters will detail approximate valuations for their property, as well as proposed property tax specified by jurisdiction. Residents will have until September 19, 2016 to inquire about the proposed property tax they will be responsible for in 2017.
OCPA will be hosting Temporary Satellite Offices at locations throughout the county at no additional cost to tax payers.
These satellite offices serve to:
- Ensure tax payers are utilizing available exemptions to save as much money as possible.
- Educate the community on what TRIM notices entail.
- Accommodate tax payers by going to their communities.
The Temporary Satellite Offices are hosted by OCPA twice a year for TRIM Notices and Homestead Exemptions.
The Temporary Satellite Offices in Apopka are:
- Monday, August 29 from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the Fran Carlton Recreation Center, 11 N. Forest Avenue.
- Wednesday, August 31 from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Bravo Supermarket, Apopka Plaza, 519 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka.
Use this link to see a full list of the dates, hours and locations of all 19 Temporary Satellite Offices.
“My foremost goal is to help educate and accommodate our customers; therefore at OCPA our objective is to be as easily accessible as possible to answer any questions on TRIM notices,” said Property Appraiser Rick Singh. “Everyone having a thorough understanding of the proposed taxes is of vital importance to us.”
Residents will be able to meet one-on-one with OCPA staff and real estate experts. Representatives will have full access to the OCPA database in order to accomplish everything on site while saving residents a trip to the downtown office.
The schedule is subject to change. For more information or questions call (407) 836-5044 or visit the OCPA’s website at http://www.ocpafl.org/