From the Orange County Newsroom
In an effort to prepare for the peak of hurricane season, Orange County Government is hosting a free self-serve sandbag program for residents at five Orange County Park locations starting July 16 through July 30, 2020.
In Orange County, individuals who visit the park locations for the sandbag program will be required to wear a facial covering consistent with CDC guidelines and the county’s Executive Order. Orange County is requesting voluntary compliance to help keep all of the community safe and protected. Visit Orange County’s web page to read the full Executive Order.
- All supplies will be provided (e.g., bags, tools, sand); filling tools will be available however; citizens are encouraged to bring their own shovel/spade to fill the sand bags.
- Limit 10 sandbags per household.
- A “how-to” instructional sheet will be provided with information on how to fill, store and dispose of sandbags.
- Must present valid ID with Orange County address.
- Sandbags available for filling on a first come, first serve basis. Supplies are limited.
July 16 – 30, 2020 is when the Self-Serve Sandbag Program begins.
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Sunday is when most sites will be open.
- Barnett Park – 4801 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32808
- Downey Park – 10107 Flowers Avenue, Orlando, FL 32825
- Bithlo Community Park – 18501 Washington Avenue, Orlando, FL 32820
- Meadow Woods Recreation Center/Meadow Woods Park – 1751 Rhode Island Woods Circle, Orlando, FL 32824
- West Orange Recreational Complex – 309 S. West Crown Point Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787 – This complex has limited hours on Sundays 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
If residents have questions or need additional information, please call 3-1-1.