The Fola 40 is coming to Apopka
The Friends of Lake Apopka are planning a special cycling event on April 2nd.
Ride one Florida’s true hidden treasures. This 40 mile on and off road ride (hybrid or cyclocross bikes strongly recommended) includes two great trails, West Orange Trail and Apopka Loop Trail, as well as some local roads around what was once a fishing paradise known for its trophy bass. Lake Apopka endured nearly 5 decades of pollution, but is finally recovering.
Friends Of Lake Apopka (FOLA) is a citizen advocacy group focused on restoring Lake Apopka to its once pristine condition. Join them for the first of what will likely become an annual event and see for yourself possibilities of this wonderful area has to offer.
Event details and schedule
- Checking will open at 6:30am at 104 S Lakeview Ave, Winter Garden, FL 34787 (City Pavilion)
- Ride will start 7:30-8:00
- Maps will be available soon
- 4 fully supported rest stop Mile 7, 15, 22 and 35
- Support will end at Noon
- After ride party is at Crooked Can. 426 W Plant St, Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Includes 2 free beer tickets
- This event will be rain or shine
To register for this event, go here.