From the City of Apopka Public Information Office
The City of Apopka will have a general election for Mayor and City Council Seats 1 and 2 on Tuesday.
To make voting easier for residents, the city will have two voter precinct locations: Precinct 9104 at the Apopka Community Center, 519 S. Central Ave.; and the newly created Precinct 9204 at the Northwest Recreation Complex Administrative Office, 3710 Jason Dwelley Parkway. These precincts will be used if run-off elections are needed on April 10, 2018.
Registered voters are encouraged to participate in the election. It is important to know your correct voter precinct (see attached maps). For detailed maps, visit the Orange County Supervisor of Elections at www.ocfelections.com.
Many voters on the north side of Apopka north of U.S. Highway 441will go to Precinct 9204 at the Northwest Recreation Complex Administration Office. Signs at that recreation complex will direct voters to the correct building. Other voters – most who live south of U.S. Highway 441 – will go to Precinct 9104 at the Apopka Community Center.
Voting locations are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday. Bring photo identification which can include:
- Florida driver’s license
- Florida identification card from the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identification
- Student identification
- Retirement center identification
- Neighborhood association identification
- Public assistance identification
- State of Florida concealed weapon or firearm license
- Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
- Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans’ Affairs
The Orange County Supervisor of Elections recently mailed out sample ballots to all registered voters showing their designated precinct number as well as the contested council seats and candidates. The City of Apopka also mailed out notices to residents in the area of the new Precinct 9204 at the Northwest Recreation Complex.