Community Health Centers was, recently, selected as one of the 2017 Orlando Sentinel Top 100 Companies for Working Families. The list of “Top 100 Companies” was created by the Orlando Sentinel and Best Companies Group. This is the second consecutive year that the organization has been recognized as a Top 100 Company. There are three locations in Apopka that provide dental, family. OB/GYN and pediatric care. Florida Hospital gifted CHC/ Apopka the location in May of 2017.
This survey and award program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Orlando, benefiting the region’s economy, its work force and businesses.
For consideration, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity;
- Be a publicly or privately held business;
- Have a facility in Central Florida (Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia County);
- Have at least 15 employees working in Central Florida;
- Must be in business a minimum of one year.
- Organizations from across Central Florida entered the two-part survey process to determine the Orlando Sentinel Top 100 Companies. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined scores determined the top organizations and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration, survey, and analysis process and determined the final rankings.
Community Health Centers, with 485 employees in Central Florida, was recognized in the companies with 100-499 employees category. For more information on the Orlando Sentinel Top 100 Companies program, visit www.Top100CompaniesORL.com.
Community Health Centers, Inc., (CHC) provides quality and compassionate primary health care services to insured, uninsured, underinsured, and underserved children and adults in Central Florida. CHC accepts Medicaid, Medicare and most private insurance plans. A Sliding Discount Program is available for those with or without insurance. CHC provides care to more than 62,000 patients each year in the Apopka, Bithlo, Forest City, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, South Lake, Tavares and Winter Garden communities.