The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, FEMA and the Orange County Office of Emergency Management continue to offer Operation Blue Roof. Residents can register for Operation Blue Roof at the Edgewater Library, located at 5049 Edgewater Drive, Orlando, FL 32810 between 10:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m. each day until further notice.
Operation Blue Roof provides and installs temporary blue plastic sheeting to mitigate additional property damage until permanent repairs can be made. This program is available at no cost to eligible primary homeowners in Orange County.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
- The home applying for assistance must be a primary residence
- Only standard shingled roofs will be considered for assistance
- Metal roofs and mobile homes may be repaired as practical on an individual basis
- Contractors cannot cover roofs made of materials such as slate, asbestos or clay tile, or other material which would be exceptionally difficult to repair, or would likely be damaged during installation
- Roofs with more than 50% structural damage will not qualify
RIGHT OF ENTRY:
- Homeowners are required to sign a Right of Entry (ROE) form allowing government employees and contractor to assess damage and install the blue roofs
- For renters, legal permission for blue roof installation must be granted by the property owner
- Renters are also required to obtain permission from the property owner to continue residing in the home until permanent repairs are completed
Detailed information can be found on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers- Jacksonville District website at www.saj.usace.army.mil/BlueRoof.Residents may also call 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) with additional questions.